The Engineering Department plans, designs, and implements large capital projects to protect and enhance community assets.
New private developments require the Engineering Division to review and approve the plans as part of the overall approval process.
For more information contact: (310) 973-3260
Current & Upcoming Projects
- Traffic Signal Installation at Marine Avenue & Osage Avenue
- Traffic Signal Upgrade at Manhattan Beach Blvd & Hawthorne Blvd
- Inglewood Avenue Street Improvement Project Phase I & II (Marine Ave to Manhattan Beach Blvd)
- Street Improvement Projects:
- Grevillea Ave from 159th Street to 170th Street
- Freeman Ave from Marine Ave to 154th Street
- 147th Street from Hawthorne Blvd to Prairie Ave
- 159th Street from Firmona Street to Grevillea Ave
- Installation of Water Fountain at Parks (total of 4)
|For more details about Lawndale's Capital Improvement Projects see the Public Works Section in the current Lawndalian.
- Concrete Repairs – sidewalk, curb, gutters (east of Hawthorne Blvd, north of Redondo Beach Blvd and west of the 405 fwy.
- Street Improvement Project:
- 160th Street between Hawthorne Blvd to Freeman Ave
- 149th Street between Hawthorne Blvd to Larch Ave
- Grevillea Ave between Manhattan Beach Blvd & 154th Street
- Grevillea Ave between Marine Ave & 153rd Street
- Alley east of Hawthorne Blvd from 162nd Street to 167th Street
- Traffic Speed Survey
- Traffic Signal Inventories
- Inglewood Avenue Street Improvements Phase III (Rosecrans Ave to 153rd Street)
- Marquee on Hawthorne Blvd – Removal