- Impoundment of stray dogs
- Investigating nuisance complaints
- Enforcing quarantine laws on bite
- Educating the public about humane treatment of animals
- Investigating animal cruelty complaints
- Dog licensing
Dog Licensing Information
All dogs over the age of 4 months are required to be vaccinated for rabies and licensed by the City of Lawndale. The rabies vaccination is mandatory before issuance of a dog license. The vaccination cannot expire before the end of the licensing period.
- Annual dog license fees are:
- Base Fee $20.00
- Non-Altered/Senior Resident $10.00
- Altered/Senior Resident $5.00
- The new licensing period will be for a term of one year from the issuance date or for the duration of the dog's rabies vaccination, whichever period of time is shorter.
- A fifty percent late charge will be applied for any license that is not renewed within 14 days of the license expiration date.
- A discounted rate of fifty percent of the base license fee will be applied for a dog being licensed for the first time, whose rabies vaccination will expire within six months (for example, licensing dog in January and the rabies vaccination will expire in May of the same year).
- The dog license fee will be doubled (or a one hundred percent penalty applied) for any dog owner who fails to obtain a license until after they have been issued a courtesy notice or citation by the municipal services department staff or other enforcement agency.
LICENSES CAN BE OBTAINED AT
THE MUNICIPAL SERVICES OFFICE LOCATED AT:
14616 GREVILLEA AVENUE
LAWNDALE, CA 90260
|Keep Pet Waste from Reaching the Los Angeles Harbor
Failure to properly dispose of pet waste can result in pollution of the harbor and the ocean beyond. Please pick up after your pet. Click the heading above for more information about this serious problem. (4.23.2013)
Attention Lawndale Residents!
The County of Los Angeles PURRfect Fix Cat Voucher Program Is being offered to Lawndale Residents. Please do your part and help stop the overpopulation of stray cats. Please click on the heading for further information. (10.14.2015)