Dates: Quarterly (TBD)
Lawndale City Council Chambers
14717 Burin Avenue, Lawndale CA 90260
Purpose of the Committee:
- Reviewing and commenting on the current use of technology and service approaches.
- Providing feedback on the City's future technology plans.
- Assisting City staff in exploring the feasibility of new technology.
- Serving as informed communicators to others in the community of current policies, activities,
and plans of the City of Lawndale.
- And implementing the Lawndale Community Television Policies and Guidelines and Lawndale
Community Television Sponsorship Policy as set forth in City Council Policies 97-11 and 99-
11, respectively, formerly the duties/responsibilities of the Cable Commission:
1. Make recommendations regarding Lawndale community cable television programming;
2. Develop and recommend a promotion plan to enhance channel usage and viewership;
3. Review effectiveness of outreach efforts;
Create maximum interest in local events, people, place and issues via community cable
5. Provide Lawndale residents, businesses and organizations an opportunity to produce and
participate in community television;
6. Encourage the education of Lawndale students in community television programming and
Application for Appointment to City Advisory Bodies